Many of us have experienced the damaging effects of religious indoctrination, and hearing the stories of others help us feel less alone and heal just a little bit more. In this episode, Amanda Rose shares how a cult forced her into intense modesty and purity culture as a child, how this has effected her sexuality as a woman, and how she is healing. May this sweet soul be a mirror revealing that you too have the power to love your body, feel safe in your sexuality, and feel whole, regardless how traumatic, sheltered, or confining the past may have been.
Amanda spent her childhood on a family farm in Florida, where she was raised by a very loving and dysfunctional family. Think… “The Yearling” meets “The Waltons” meets “Cheaper By The Dozen” meets “Duck Dynasty”…and you’ve basically got it! When she was 12 years old, her family moved to Central America. That’s where this hillbilly of a gal was plunged deep into a cult and was subjected to rigorous religious brainwashing. Psychological, spiritual, physical, and emotional abuse…she knows it all too well. Amanda sunk into a dark well of patriarchal purity culture and oppressive submission dogma to put it mildly.
Her adolescent experiences in Central America and in the religious cult spun the narrative that women were not to be trusted, especially with men or in relationships. A woman’s body was dangerous at best and property at worst, and sex was just to meet a mans “needs.” Her journey out of that cult and through her healing path has been wild and crazy, but it’s led her to where she is now. Today Amanda works with women who are ready for the initiation into their feminine radiance, and sovereign, embodied self leadership in the three arenas of:
– sexuality and embodied sensuality
– healing from trauma on a somatic and quantum level
– rewilding your soul and reconnecting you to your wombspace
GET MY SKINCARE RECOMMENDATIONS IN ORDER OF APPLICATION FOR BOTH DAY AND NIGHTTIME when you join my email list for FREE
This episode covers topics like:
- saving sex until AFTER marriage (even after the wedding night)
- going from modesty culture being covered from head to toe to loving her body fully
- what’s it like to be indoctrinated into a cult in your teenage years
- “safe sex” is more than just about physical protection, but emotional connection
- spiritual abuse and oppression over women
- the harmfulness of purity culture and conservative Christianity
- how purity culture and submission teachings/dogma affects your marriages, honeymoons, and sex
- what is sexual embodiment?
- how can sexual embodiment help women heal that are coming out of purity culture?
- the common thread between orgasm and worship
Stay in touch with Amanda:
- Follow on IG: https://www.instagram.com/amandaarlenerose
- Join her group coaching container: https://www.mywombspace.com
- Learn more about Amanda’s work: https://www.wholenessmirroring.com
It’s time to set yourself FREE, Lovely One!
I hope you benefit from ENLIGHTENED, the podcast by me, Sophia Spallino, an audible experience that leaves you feeling at peace, encouraged, and in touch with your soul. If you feel comfortable to share how the show is touching your heart, please leave a rating and review on iTunes or the Apple Podcast App. It will only take a minute, but genuine reviews are vital to the success of my show, so please review by tapping here.
Thank you for supporting my labor of love by sharing screenshots of the podcast, subscribing, and by pledging to contribute. Because creating inspiring content demands my time, creativity, resources, and talent, I depend on generous listeners like you to support the production of my show. Kindly support Enlightened for as little as $0.99/mo by tapping here. *you may cancel at anytime.
With infinite love and gratitude, I pray that peace be with you. xo Sophia
- Stream MY HEALING: a forgiveness anthem that I wrote and recorded: https://sophiaspallino.trac.co/sophiaspallinomyhealing
- Learn more about me and what I do: https://www.SophiaSpallino.com
- Follow me on Instagram for inspiring real-life stories everyday: https://www.instagram.com/sophiaspallino/
- Pledge to support my show: http://bit.ly/SupportEnlightened
- Shop my merch: https://www.SophiaSpallino.com/shop
- Shop my favorite books and card decks here: http://bit.ly/SoulBooks
- If you would like to download my TikTok/Reels or Podcast Start Up class, here is the link: https://sophiaspallino.com/mentorship/
- If you are seeking wisdom & guidance, branding/social media tips, dating advice, a breakup breakthrough session, or a card reading, schedule a one-on-one virtual meeting with me: https://sophiaspallino.com/mentorship