Were there really queer lovers in the Bible? Is being gay a sin? Maybe you’re deconstructing & want to know. Maybe you’ve deconstructed completely & don’t care what the Bible says anymore. Either way, it’s great to know your facts because if you actually read your Bible & do the research, God doesn’t hate queers…Just ask Je-Gay-Sus!
Jegaysus (he/they) the popular TikToker, coined “The King of Queens.” He uses his voice, and his unique looks (his gorgeous head of curly hair, exotic eye makeup, and rainbow “Biblical attire”) to discuss deep, controversial theological topics. I love his content because he takes concepts and stories from the Bible that people think they know all about (because we may have never questioned the stories we were spoon-fed since we were indoctrinated children in Sunday school), and spills the tea by putting the sacred text into context of historical times as well as digging into the archives of mistranslations that were often strategically placed by men with hidden agendas to oppress marginalized people, like women, queers, and people of color. Known for his sassy sense of humor and flamboyant gay pride, Jegaysus is an icon of the larger evangelical deconstruction movement who inspires his audience to think critically, ask hard questions that offend the blindly indoctrinated, and question everything they have ever been taught.
GET MY SKINCARE RECOMMENDATIONS IN ORDER OF APPLICATION FOR BOTH DAY AND NIGHTTIME when you join my email list for FREE
This episode covers topics like:
- Religious trauma to self love journey
- Coming out gay as a child in the church
- Experiencing GAY CONVERSION THERAPY
- Defending yourself against Christian clobber verses a
- Was Mary Magdalene even a prosititute?
- Evidence that Jesus isn’t against homosexuality
- Homosexuality and same sex couples in the Bible
- Tiktok advice
Stay in touch with Jegaysus:
- Follow on IG: https://www.instagram.com/jegaysus/
- Follow on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@jegaysus
It’s time to set yourself FREE, Lovely One!
I hope you benefit from ENLIGHTENED, the podcast by me, Sophia Spallino, an audible experience that leaves you feeling at peace, encouraged, and in touch with your soul. If you feel comfortable to share how the show is touching your heart, please leave a rating and review on iTunes or the Apple Podcast App. It will only take a minute, but genuine reviews are vital to the success of my show, so please review by tapping here.
Thank you for supporting my labor of love by sharing screenshots of the podcast, subscribing, and by pledging to contribute. Because creating inspiring content demands my time, creativity, resources, and talent, I depend on generous listeners like you to support the production of my show. Kindly support Enlightened for as little as $0.99/mo by tapping here. *you may cancel at anytime.
With infinite love and gratitude, I pray that peace be with you. xo Sophia
- Stream MY HEALING: a forgiveness anthem that I wrote and recorded: https://sophiaspallino.trac.co/sophiaspallinomyhealing
- Learn more about me and what I do: https://www.SophiaSpallino.com
- Follow me on Instagram for inspiring real-life stories everyday: https://www.instagram.com/sophiaspallino/
- Pledge to support my show: http://bit.ly/SupportEnlightened
- Shop my merch: https://www.SophiaSpallino.com/shop
- Shop my favorite books and card decks here: http://bit.ly/SoulBooks
- If you would like to download my TikTok/Reels or Podcast Start Up class, here is the link: https://sophiaspallino.com/mentorship/
- If you are seeking wisdom & guidance, branding/social media tips, dating advice, a breakup breakthrough session, or a card reading, schedule a one-on-one virtual meeting with me: https://sophiaspallino.com/mentorship