Curious what the Christian music industry is REALLY LIKE? Never quite fit into Christian culture? You little rebel, you. Allow me & my guest, Lauren DeLeary, to hold space for us to question everything about evangelicalism & discuss deconstruction & reconstruction.
I am so excited to have my dear friend and fellow spiritual influencer, Lauren DeLeary, on Enlightened the podcast.
Lauren is an artist and creator. She writes about her human experience as a spiritual being. Since leaving the Christian Music industry, she has deconstructed her faith and taken her audience on this journey through her podcast, DECONSTRUCT, which she co-hosts with her husband, Adam. She is passionate about researching and respecting many world-views, as well as exploring her own Native American culture and spirituality.
Today’s show covers topics like:
- The “dark side” of the Christian music industry
- How women are sexualized and policed in Christian culture
- How purity culture effected us and other women
- Going from evangelicalism to progressive Christianity to spiritual fluidity
- How podcasting helps us heal and process our religious trauma
- Decolonization and why it matters today
- Brown lives matter, so why are indigenous women missing?
- What deconstruction and reconstruction of faith looks like
Stay in touch with Lauren DeLeary:
It’s time to set yourself FREE, Lovely One!
The love of God inside of me honors the love in you. Namaste, My Friends.
If you would like to try or re-order Organifi, my go-to plant-based protein, brain food, collagen support, and green/red juices, tap here to visit Organifi. Don’t forget to use my discount code, “sophia” for 15% off your entire order every time you order.
I hope you benefit from ENLIGHTENED, the podcast by me, Sophia Spallino, an audible experience that leaves you feeling at peace, encouraged, and in touch with your soul.
If you feel comfortable to share how the show is touching your heart, please leave a rating and review on iTunes or the Apple Podcast App. It will only take a minute, but genuine reviews are vital to the success of my show, so please review by tapping here.
Thank you for supporting my labor of love by sharing screenshots of the podcast, subscribing, and by pledging to contribute. Because creating inspiring content demands my time, creativity, resources, and talent, I depend on generous listeners like you to support the production of my show. Kindly support Enlightened for as little as $0.99/mo by tapping here. *you may cancel at anytime.
With infinite love and gratitude, I pray that peace be with you. xo Sophia (@SophiaSpallino on Instagram)
- Learn more about me and what I do: https://www.SophiaSpallino.com
- Follow me on Instagram for inspiring real-life stories everyday: https://www.instagram.com/sophiaspallino/
- Pledge to support my show: http://bit.ly/SupportEnlightened
- If you are seeking wisdom & guidance, schedule a one-on-one virtual meeting with me: https://sophiaspallino.com/mentorship/